Saturday, November 24, 2007

This is my first poem ever.... I'm not sure what grade I was in...
maybe 5th or 6th...

DEEP IN THE NIGHT
Deep in the night I lean out my window to see what I can see,
I feel the cold chill upon my face and the wind whispering to me,
But it is cold and I am tired, it would be silly for me to stay,
So I put my head upon my pillow and in my bed I lay,

Deep in the night I lean out my window to see what I can see,
I think I'll just sit here and stare at the stars, till one or two or three,
With thoughts about love and life and laughter, all dancing in my head,
My mind will wander endlessly until I go to bed.

---
hmm...
interesting.... the first thing I like is that it was written... it's hard to get kids to write and attempt to be creative...
the second thing I like is the alliteration in "wind whispering" and "silly...stay"
and "stare at the stars" and "love..life..laughter"
I don't like the wording of endlessly followed by until... because until doesn't imply endless at all.
I also don't like that even now it's hard to explore other meters than AABB AACC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like most that you're still that same boy at heart. it's a wonderful lullaby to the boys!

Anonymous said...

Eric - you never wrote no poem.